Services & Rates
Myofascial Release is a safe and very effective hands-on technique that involves applying gentle sustained pressure into the Myofascial connective tissue to release restrictions, eliminate pain, and restore motion.
Each Myofascial Release Treatment session is performed directly on the skin without the use of oils, creams or machinery. This allows for accurate detection of fascial restrictions and the application of the appropriate amount of sustained pressure to facilitate the release of the fascia.
Equine Myofascial Release
Any horse can benefit from Myofascial Release therapy, especially those with:
- History of chronic lameness, injuries, or surgeries
- Decreased range of motion / short stride
- Pain sensitive areas / trigger points
- Irritability / unwillingness to work
- Decreased performance with no diagnosed problem
Fascia is a tough connective tissue which forms a continuous web throughout the body.
- Trauma and repetitive motion patterns result in a hardening and shortening of the fascial tissue.
- Restricted fascial tissue may be reflected in : swelling/pain, decreased range of motion, behavior/training difficulties, motor or sensory problems due to nerve compression, poor muscular biomechanics, altered structural alignment, and decreased strength and endurance
Myofascial Release (MFR) is a safe and effective hands-on-technique to address the soft tissue restrictions
- MFR does not directly manipulate the bone structure / it is not chiropractic manipulation
- MFR is an adjunctive therapy to veterinary care. It does not replace the need for veterinary services
***Dont forget, riders need treatment too! The dysfunction in a rider's body is mirrored in the horse***
Ask your veterinarian if Myofascial Release therapeutic bodywork is right for your horse.
For further information on the John F Barnes Myofascial Release approach for horses please visit:
Self Treatment/Gift Certificates
Gift Certificates Available
- Give the gift of wellness. Perfect for any occasion.
CranioCradle - $35
- Relax tense, tired, and painful muscles in your neck, shoulders and back.
Male and Female Sacrowedgy - $36
- Use gravity to help relax, align, and re-balance thr pelvis. Excellent tool for relieving low-back, tail bone, hip, and knee pain.
Sacrowedgy Neck Roll - $18
- *recommended for use with the sacrowedgy* Perfectly sized to support the average adult neck and promote healthy, natural, spinal curves.
4" Inflatable Therapy Ball - $5 each or 2 for $8
- Relieve trigger points and tight, painful muscles virtually anywhere in the body.